FALL 2018 PUBLIC STARGAZING NIGHTS
Montclair State University, Montclair, NJ
Children are invited too!
- WHEN: 8-9 PM, Clear Thursdays:
September 6 to December 13 (except Thanksgiving November 22)
- Also, 7:30 for small kids to see the first quarter Moon on Sep 13, Sep 20, Oct 18, Nov 15, and Dec 13.
- WHERE: In front of Richardson Hall and CELS on the Science Quad, just east of the Student Center.
Visitors can park in the Red Hawk Deck just off Normal Avenue on the south side of campus, or in the metered spots in Lot 19 behnd Blanton Hall. See this map:
From the Red Hawk Parking Deck walk northeast until you come to the CELS building.
- TO SEE:
- Constellations - Lyra, Cygnus, Pegasus, Hercules
- The Moon - featured on Sep 13, Sep 20, Oct 18, Nov 15, and Dec 13
- Planets - Mars in Sep-Dec, Saturn in Sep, Uranus in Nov-Dec, Neptune in Oct-Dec
- Star clusters - Perseus double cluster, globular clusters M13, M15, M92
- Galaxies - Andromeda galaxy in Oct-Dec
Our telescopes cannot see through clouds!
Public Telescope Night will be cancelled if the weather is cloudy, very cold (< 20 F), or very windy. It is considered clear if you can see the moon or ten stars clearly. A cancellation message can be found by calling 973-594-6524.
You can also get to this page by
www.montclair.edu, then search for "Stargazing."
North Jersey Astronomical Group http://www.njastro.org or http://pages.csam.montclair.edu/~west/njag.html
On Facebook www.facebook.com/NJAstroGroup